Sunday, May 22, 2005

Stay Calm Everyone

Interviewed on Breakfast With Frost today, David Davis declined to confirm his candidacy:

'We are talking about something that is six or seven months away at the earliest. My concern at the moment is that we learn the lessons from the last election and make sure that we're the next government.

I made my decision not to run last time a few days before it happened and I'll make my decision very clear when the day comes.'

Well, yes...but six or seven months of speculation and shadow chasing!

Who on earth thought this was a good idea?
|

3 Comments:

Anonymous Matt said...

what do you think about davis, (once he's won of course), offering the shadow chancellorship to ken clarke!?

i think it would be great. the most succesful chancellor in modern times, in the most important role of the next parliament. what does anyone else think?

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think Ken would accept the shadow chancellorship (he has turned it down before). He takes up the main job or none is his point of view.

David Davis would have to make sure that he doesn't give all the big jobs in the shadow cabinet to the more elderly members of the party. It would be terrible move.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Wat Tyler said...

Sad to say, I agree with anon- Ken would only be interested in the top job. In fact, I wonder if any of the ex-Beasts would be prepared to serve under DD, or indeed any of the other candidates. Hague as Shadow Chancellor? Hmmm...

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home